I am registering as a business so that I can pay sales taxes. (There's no other way.) Fortunately, I can do this online. I filled out the form to register, very, very carefully. I even looked up the codes that define the business I'm in. (Thank God I made a note of those codes.) After careful proofreading, I submitted the form. It was rejected for errors: I had coded the initial date of the business as the "1" of the month, not the "01" of the month.
Returning to the form, I discovered that almost all the info I had entered had been wiped. (Not all of it, just to prove that I was being unnecessarily punished; just most of it.) Thanks very much, IT department of New Jersey.